How to Work Out Lats and Get Big Lats Fast
If you are wanting to learn how to work out lats, then you have come to the right place. I am going to show you three tips that will help you to build big lats and get the body you always wanted.
Here they are:
- Pull-ups: This is one of the most basic lats exercises. The most important thing to remember is that you want to focus on a pull-up where your body goes all the way down to your knees when pulling up. To do this you should do lower back workouts first so that your lower back can get used to the movement of the weights.
One important thing about pull-ups is that you shouldn’t start out doing very many pull-ups, or else your lats won’t be trained properly. So ideally, only do two pull-ups when you first start your workout, then increase the number of pull-ups you can do per workout. A good way to make this easier is to have a small barbell in your gym bag, and alternate between using it for pull-ups and using the barbell as your primary workout. This will ensure that you are getting the most out of your pull-ups and at the same time strengthening your back.
- Biceps & triceps: You need to do high repetition sets of pushdowns with your own body weight. This will help to build those muscles up faster. Another thing to consider when building up these muscles is to get rid of the handgrips. Grip each finger individually on the barbell with your palms facing outwards. This will prevent you from gripping the barbell too tightly, and it will force you to make biceps curls and triceps extensions. By working for these muscle groups together, you’ll get big lats.
- Latissimus Dorsi & Gluteus Maximus: Latissimus dorsi and gluteus maximus are both major muscles in your upper body. They help you lift, run, and perform other movements quickly and efficiently. If you want to learn how to work out lats, make sure you also focus on your gluteus maximus. Doing multiple sets with a good amount of weight will really push your upper body, and it will help you build much stronger legs as well.
- Shoulder Blades & Trapezius: These muscles help to support your body’s weight. If you want to get big lats, you have to make sure you’re strengthening all of these joints, as well as the muscles that cover them. For example, lifting heavier weights and doing pullups will really train your shoulders and triceps.
- Latissimus Dorsi & Gluteus Maximus: These muscles are responsible for rotation motion, which is needed for a lat pulldown. When I first started doing pull-ups, I didn’t know how to do them properly. I basically used my own body as a weight. After a while, though, I realized that I had to use enough weight to keep from being pulled down and that I couldn’t cheat. A lat pulldown is when you use a lat pulldown bar, and grab the handles with one hand. Then, using a controlled motion, lower yourself down to the floor, while controlling your body’s movements with your other hand.
Other exercises to get big lats like pull-ups and chin-ups can be done by beginners and intermediate trainees, respectively. Beginners should stick with pull-ups, as they are easier and more basic. Intermediate trainees may choose to do chin-ups or bicep curls instead of pull-ups, so they can focus more on building their biceps or triceps. As you get stronger, you can change your exercises to work with different parts of the body. Just do it!